Sunday 5 October 2014

Mac 'n 4-Cheese!!

I love Macaroni & Cheese. Mainly because it contains cheese. With pasta. 2 of my most favourite ingredients in the whole wide world!! Except that now I am on a low-carb diet, pasta is a bit of a taboo... (sniff). 
But since the registration of the plot has been finalised, we need to start cleaning the house, repairing the (almost 15) windows, painting, cupboards, etc. So yesterday, that's what we did. All day long. Cleaning. Washing the walls, carpets, floors, kitchen... 
So I claimed the pasta as part of remuneration for a job well done, and the fact that I worked so hard evens out the amount of carbs. Period. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!!!

Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Difficulty level: Very easy
Serves: 5

Ingredients

500g macaroni
50g mozzarella cheese, grated
100g cheddar cheese, grated
pinch freshly grated nutmeg
pepper&salt to taste
2tbs butter
3tbs cottage cheese 
1tbs grated parmesan
2tbs mayonnaise
1/2t english Mustard

Method

Cook the macaroni to al dente in salted water. Be careful, not too much salt. Add the butter, let it melt and mix through.

Add the cottage cheese, mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan. Mix through.

Add the mayonaise, mustard and pepper. Mix well.

 I just love the squeedgy sound the cheese makes, when it's melted like this, and forming these wonderful cheesy strands....Absolutely perfect for those Comfort Food Craving days!!

Yours in oil and veggies

Risch

No comments:

Post a Comment