Saturday 13 September 2014

Simple Potato Bake

I don't have any photos for this dish, I wasn't in the mood, and to be honest... I actually thought of closing the blog down. Apparently, like my personality, my food is a bit different, weird and somewhat missing the acceptable social mark. By miles. 
I enjoy my food. And I enjoy my own company. My family says they enjoy my food. And very few people enjoy my company. For short periods of time, yes, but not for an extended period - you know, like more than 2 weeks... 
So, maybe considering these two facts, my dream of opening my own restaurant one day, will never happen. Cause no-one is going to come. 
But I will make my food, and enjoy it. And blog it. For me. 

Ingredients

4 large potatoes
1 punnet mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, chopped
30g margarine
50g butter
salt & pepper to taste
250ml cream
fresh rosemary 
250g cheddar cheese, grated

Method

Using the microwave method, cook the potatoes almost through. (Microwave method: rinse the potatoes, prick them thoroughly with a fork. Place in plastic bag - shopping bags works wonderfully - prick the bag a couple of times. Close tightly. Put in microwave and cook on full power. Time depends on how many potatoes. Careful when taking it out, it is VERY hot and the steam catches you by surprise.)
Melt the margarine and fry the onion and mushrooms until starting to brown. Once potatoes are done, slice them - carefully - and pack a layer in a baking dish. Divide the butter in pieces and place half of it all over the potato slices. Salt & pepper. Add some rosemary. Sprinkle half the cheese over. Spread half the mushroom mix over evenly. Add next layer of potatoes. Butter, salt&pepper, rosemary, mushrooms and cheese. Pour the cream over evenly. Sprinkle some paprika over and bake in the oven at 160degrees C until cheese start to brown. Take it out and let it set for a while. 

Dish up and enjoy! Very filling, and very tasty. This recipe also leaves room for additions, like bacon. 

Yours in oil and veggies

Risch

No comments:

Post a Comment