Monday 29 September 2014

Coco-Choc Souffle

Like I said, the Sunday Dessert is also a big feature on Sundays... I wasn't really in the mood for making something, but my daughter kept asking what is for dessert? And so the bug bit me and the brain started working... what can I make? Making a dessert with flour is easy - through a couple of things together and voila!!... but I was also in the mood for a dessert, and my diet has been coming along so well, I didn't want to spoil it with another carb-loaded dish. So, what can I make that is delicious, that will appeal to the rest of my family members who is NOT on a diet, AND that is something I can eat, too? 

I screened Google... Ah! Cheesecake!! Nope, don't have enough cream cheese... (add that to the grocery list)... My heart started to sink, as all the ingredients required in these recipes was NOT in my house... What can I eat? Cream, eggs.. and that's when the idea struck!!

Preparation time: 20min
Cooking time: 40min
Difficulty level: Easy
Serves: 5 small portions

Ingredients

4 eggs, separated
250ml cream
1t vanilla essence
1/4cup desiccated coconut
1/4cup sugar
2tbs chocolate chips

Method

Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray, or line well with butter. Cool in fridge. Beat the egg whites to form stiff peaks. Beat the cream, essence and egg yolks together. Add the coconut and sugar and mix until most of the sugar has dissolved. Add the chocolate chips. Fold in the egg whites. Do not over-fold. Pour into baking dish. The egg whites will float to the top and the chocolate chips will settle at the bottom. Try to lightly distribute the chocolate chips evenly. Bake in the oven at 140degrees C for about 40min until golden brown on top.

See the melted chocolate, custard and meringue layers...??

I had to very quickly take a photo, before it was all gone!! This was such a tasty dessert... 

Yes, there is chocolate and sugar in, which probably means it isn't really carb-friendly. However, I did have my slice. A little sugar is better than a little flour, I reckon... 

Yours in oil and veggies... and chocolate!

Risch


No comments:

Post a Comment