Monday 15 September 2014

Wors, mash & Tomato sauce with banana salad

Yes, I know. Today's recipe is nothing short of imagineless (if there is such a word....) But, I did say that I was going to make 365 meals - one for each day of the year. I never said it was going to be gourmet cooking for 365 days!! (hiehie...)

In light of this being such a simple dish, I am not going to be very formal regarding the ingredients and method. 

Wors - Fry it in a pan, to your own liking. 

Mash - Cook 1 potato for every person eating until soft. Add salt & pepper to taste. Mash in butter (about 1t per potato) (but I love buttery mash, so make it a bit more), add cream to make it as soft as you like it. 

Sauce - Fry 1/2 punnet mushrooms in butter. Add 1 tin of tomato & onion, and one packet of tomato paste. Cook, but it burns quickly, add water to thin it. Add salt & pepper to taste, 3tbs sugar and 1tbs origanum. Mix well. Add water or cream to make it thinner if you like.

Banana Salad - Slice bananas into wheels. Add mayonnaise to your liking. And mix in a pinch of salt. 

And serve!! This may not be gourmet cooking, but it certainly is a filling and tasty dinner.
My family was very hungry, I had to snap a picture very quickly before it was all gone!!

Yours in oil and veggies

Risch

No comments:

Post a Comment