Thursday 4 December 2014

Curry Chicken Livers

Thursday is chicken or fish day, as usual. Here on the plot, we are so busy. Here is always something to do. And with the sun setting so late during this fabulous summer, we are busy until it sets!! So I sometimes forget about dinner... yesterday was one of those days! By the time I realised what time it was, it was too late for anything that takes long. So, I decided on chicken livers. Quick and healthy, although not my kids favourite.

Preparation Time: 5min
Cooking time: 30min
Difficulty Level: Easy
Serves: 5

Ingredients

2tbs olive oil
1t mild curry 
1t hot curry
1t fennel seeds
pinch mixed spice
1t turmeric 
1tbs soya sauce
1 cube beef stock
200ml boiling water
500g Chicken Livers

Method

Heat the oil in a pot. I love my cast iron cookware, and for curries, it certainly is the best! Add the spices and fry it for a couple of minutes. 


 Stir very often, so the spices don't burn. Dissolve the beefstock in the boiling water and add to the oil. 

Add the chicken livers and soya sauce. I cooked mine from frozen. 


Cook for about 20 - 30 minutes. 

Serve with rice or bread. I served it on my Baking Powder bread - it was fabulous!! Yes, even the kids liked it...


Yours in oil and veggies

Risch

No comments:

Post a Comment