Thursday 4 December 2014

Baking Powder Bread

I love baking my own bread. And I love to try new ways of making it. I have heard of Baking Powder Bread, have never seen a recipe though and have never made it. But I guessed that baking powder is one of the ingredients... Turned out to be the lightest, fluffiest bread I have eaten in a very long time!!

Ingredients

2 cups self-raising flour
1/4t salt
1t baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup ice water
1 egg

Method

Sift the flour, salt and baking powder together. Whisk the milk, water and egg together. Add the liquid to the flour and mix well. 



Spray a small breadpan with non-stick spray. Scoop the mixture into the bread pan and even out. Bake in the oven at 160degrees C for 30 minutes. 


Enjoy as a side for ... anything!! 

Yours in oil and veggies... and bread!

Risch

No comments:

Post a Comment