Monday 16 February 2015

Hasselback Scalloped Potatoes

I have seen people posting this on Facebook, I have found more than a dozen recipes as to how to make this. And considering that it does look so very edible, I decided to give it a go. However, I have to say, it is not as the recipes on the Web... I may be too little of a cook to achieve it the way their pictures look, but I just couldn't duplicate their techniques. 

Ingredients

6 whole potatoes
cold butter
cheese, sliced and grated
olive oil
Ground black pepper
cayenne pepper
whipped cream/sour cream/buttermilk
cream cheese/ cottage cheese

Method

Wash and slice the potatoes, but do not cut through.

Slice the butter into slices of about 2mm thick, as well as the cheese. 
Alternating between the grooves in the potato, place the butter and cheese slices in the grooves. (one groove cheese, one groove butter). Well, that's how they say you should do it. I couldn't manage it, and this is my attempt:

Drizzle olive oil over and gallantly grind black pepper and salt over. Bake in an oven at 180 degrees C, until the potato is done. 

Top generously with grated cheese, pour over the cream or sour cream or buttermilk, and sprinkle some cayenne pepper on top. 

Place it back in the oven and bake until the cheese is completely melted and starting to brown. 

Remove from oven, add a dollop of cream cheese or cottage cheese, and serve!!

Yours in oil and veggies

Risch

No comments:

Post a Comment