Sunday 22 February 2015

Thai Fried Fish

I was in the mood for something different, and I was craving coconut... Being Thursday, it is fish or chicken night. So, I decided to make something resembling Thai. I am specifically saying "resembling" as I am not quite sure if I actually achieved it, but from what I could find regarding flavours and combinations, I came pretty close. 
I have to admit, this is not my favourite flavour combination. Don't think I am a Thai-person. But perhaps you feel differently?

Preparation time: 20min
Cooking Time: 10min
Difficulty Level: Easy
Serves: 6

Ingredients
Sauce

165ml coconut cream
1/2t hot curry
1/2t mild curry
1tbs soya sauce
1tbs lemon juice
1t honey

Add everything together in a pot and cook until starting to thicken. Remove from heat, cover, and let the flavours develop.

 Fish

6 pieces of deboned hake fillets
2tbs butter
1tbs olive oil
1tbs lemon juice
1/4t ground ginger
1/4t ground cinnamon

Melt the butter and the oil together in a pan. Add the lemon juice, ginger and cinnamon. Let it fry a little. Add the fish and fry on both sides until done. It's done when it is soft, flaky and white. There shouldn't be any more fish meat that is translucent.


Serve on rice or bread (We had it on bread, as you can see) and drizzle the sauce over. My kids loved it!!

Yours in oil and veggies

Risch

No comments:

Post a Comment