Sunday 24 August 2014

No-Bake Butter Chocolate Brownies

My son hounded me to make his cookies... It's nice cookies, but he has made them a couple of times now, and I was in the mood for something different. 
So I thought of this no-bake chocolate brownie. My mom actually has the perfect recipe, and I will still get that recipe and post it here as well. But I wanted to see if I couldn't find something else...
 Alas, all the recipes on the web, is complicated. With nuts, and dates, and oats, and some other weird ingredients I either don't have in my cupboard, or I feel is to expensive to use. Oh, and I wanted something WITHOUT oats. 
I want an easy recipe, quick and cheap. One you can even make at the end of the month... 

So, I decided to make my own...

Ingredients

250g margarine
1cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1tbs vanilla
1 packet tennis biscuits
pinch of salt
Breadcrumbs
choc chips (optional)

Method

Melt the margarine over low heat. Add the sugar, salt and the cocoa. Constantly stirring. The sugar must melt. It makes a syrup consistency. Remove from heat, continue stirring. Add the crushed cookies, mix well. Add the vanilla, mix well. Spray a dish with non-stick spray, or brush with margarine and sieve icing sugar over. Sprinkle the choc chips on the bottom, if you want to use it. Scoop the mixture into the dish. Level out. Evenly sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top. Put into the fridge to cool down and set. Once cooled, cut and enjoy!!
Perfect with a cup of coffee when you feel indulgent... 

It is not so sweet as some of the others, and the breadcrumbs adds a little dimension to the already wonderful chocolatey flavours. It is so easy and quick to make, and it sets quickly too. Chocolate is always a sure winner to serve, and if unexpected guests arrive, this is a perfect solution!!


Have a sweet day!

Yours in oil and veggies... and chocolate!

Risch

No comments:

Post a Comment