Thursday 21 August 2014

Creamy Curry Chicken 1

Dinner for yesterday was easier than Wednesday!! Thursdays are chicken or fish nights, and I chose chicken. My daughter wanted sticky chicken, I was in the mood for curry chicken, and just love creamy chicken... So I made this: a mix between creamy and curry and sticky chicken!! It came out absolutely divine...

Ingredients
6 pieces chicken (I cooked from frozen)
2tbs Soya Sauce
3tbs olive oil
1cup water
1t mild curry powder
1/2t hot curry powder
1t fennel seeds
4tbs chutney
1tbs balsamic vinegar
1cup cream

Method
Place the chicken pieces in the pot. I used a cast iron pot, but I guess a frying pan will work as well? 


Pour over the Soya sauce, olive oil, curry powders, fennel seeds,chutney, vinegar and water. Close the lid, let it cook for about 30min. Check every now and then to make sure there is still enough fluids. If the sauce becomes too little, add a little water. The chicken needs to be cooked thoroughly. 


When it is cooked, you should still have a nice thick sauce - smelling absolutely heavenly!! 
I switched off the plate, poured in the cream and let it stand for a bit, while I made the other food: buttery sweet potato and cheesy broccoli.
When we dished up, I just heated it up and mixed the cream through. 
Dinner is served!!

What makes this such an interesting dish, is the flavours from this sauce... At first you taste the sweetness (that's for the sticky chicken), then you taste the curry and lastly the liquorice from the fennel seeds just rounds it off! And all this on a creamy smooth base... 

Hope you have an awesome friday!! And even better weekend!!

Yours in oil and veggies

Risch

No comments:

Post a Comment