Tuesday 29 September 2015

Pea & Mushroom Spaghetti

In my garden, I have a small selection of veggies growing. Spinach, cauliflower (which flopped – thanks white fly!), brussel sprouts and peas. I love peas. I love growing them and I love picking them and I love eating them. Mostly I love eating them straight from the shell after picking. They are so sweet…  but usually my pea harvest is just enough for me to eat, and never enough for a meal. 

Well, this time I did something right. I harvested enough peas for a whole meal – and you wouldn’t even think I plucked anything, as there are still so many left!!
The best thing about fresh peas, is that they really don't require a lot of cooking. A little heat just to match the heat of the meal, is sufficient, because their taste is so sweet and so fresh.

Preparation time: 15min
Cooking time: 30min
Difficulty Level: Very Easy
Serves: 8

Ingredients:

1 onion, chopped
500g mushrooms, sliced (2 punnets)
150g bacon bits
2tbs coconut oil
400g spaghetti
250g fresh peas
Water
Salt & Pepper

Method

Melt 1tbs coconut oil and fry the onion till soft. 
 Add the bacon and fry till lightly browned. 

Melt the other tbs coconut oil and fry the mushrooms. 

Boil enough water for the spaghetti. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the spaghetti and cook until el dente. Pour off the water. Add the bacon, onion, mushrooms and peas and mix well.

Dish up with a little grated parmesan.

And enjoy!


Yours in oil and veggies


Risch

No comments:

Post a Comment