Friday 6 July 2018

Aniseed Pancakes with Orange


Masterchef Australia Season 10 - the pancake challenge. 
My inspiration for this dish. 
I loooovvvveeee Masterchef Australia! And since South Africa doesn't have a Masterchef competition, I am thinking of moving to Australia just to be able to enlist... Isn't it just super sad and actually so disappointing that there isn't any such a big cooking competition left in South Africa? 
Well, while I am planning my move to Australia, I am working on my cookbook. Who knows... maybe I can be guest chef on Masterchef!! Hahaha!!




Ingredients
1cup cream
2cups milk
3 eggs, separated
2cups flour
2t baking powder
1t whole aniseed
½ t salt
1 cup sugar
½ orange zest
Orange slices
Extra cream for whipping


Method
1. Mix the cream, milk, egg yolk, salt and aniseed.
2. Mix the flour and baking powder.
3. Add the flour to the milk mixture one by one, mixing well every time.
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
5. Fold into the flour mixture.
6. Bake in a warm pan, and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
7. Put the sugar and water in a pot on low heat, and dissolve the sugar.
8. Add the orange zest and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
9. Remove from heat and let it cool a little.
10. Add the juice from one orange, mix well and let it cook again on low heat, till soft ball stage, stirring continuously.
11. Remove from heat.
12. Beat the extra cream till it forms stiff peaks.
13. Dish up with generous portions, and enjoy!


Your is oil and veggies… and pancakes!
Risch

No comments:

Post a Comment