Wednesday 13 June 2018

Beef Soup

Aaaahhhh... soup... the wonder of ancient times, the go-to meal for leftovers and the income impaired. It can be made into a culinary taste extravaganza, or it can be as simple as throwing stuff together. It can be used as a starter, served as a side dish or even be the main course. 



 I didn't use to love soup so much when I was younger, probably because I only knew Cup-a -Soup and tinned soups (nothing against them, they do have their place). But only once I started making my own soup, could I appreciate the versatility - both in taste and monetary value - of this extraordinary dish. My favourite soup is Burnt Pumpkin Soup, although Spinach Soup is a close second. I must confess: Tomato Soup has abhorred my senses (some childhood memories involving pepper and worcestershire sauce die hard), but when I made my own with fresh ingredients, I was pleasantly surprised!

This Beef Soup is for meat nights and is so simple, yet packed full of taste sensations. It warms the belly and makes your tongue smile, filling you up with goodness, and a feeling of contentment... Perhaps I am overselling it! But why don't you make it and find out for yourself?




Ingredients

600g goulash
1x beefstock cube
1L warm water
1x packet brown onion soup
1L warm water
2tbs soya sauce
1tbs whole coriander seeds
1t whole black peppercorns
1/2t whole cloves
4x potatoes, quartered

Method

1. Mix the beefstock cube and 1L warm water well.
2. Mix the soup and 1L warm water well.
3. Put all the ingredients in a pressure cooker. Follow your cooker's instructions to cook it. (Mine was 40minutes)
4. Once done, chop everything in a food processor to the soup consistency of your preference.
5. Serve warm with bread



And enjoy!

Yours in oil and veggies
Risch

No comments:

Post a Comment