Friday 15 May 2015

Cheese Scons

I used to make cheese scons every Sunday morning before church when I was in matric and living with my mom. It is dough with cheese... 2 of my favourite things in 1!! I loved it. And I still do. This is my own recipe, and it is soft and delicious - just like the perfect scone should be!

Ingredients

2 cups flour
2t baking powder
1t salt
pinch red pepper
125g butter, cold and grated
200g cheese, grated
1 cup ice water
2 eggs

Method

Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and red pepper together. 
  
The butter must be very cold. 

Crumb the grated butter into the flour mixture until you almost can't see the butter. Mix in the grated cheese.

Beat the eggs and ice water together. 

Add the ice water mixture and cut it into the mixture with a knife until it is mixed well and starting to come together. Mix the dough well. 

Spray a scone pan with Cook & Bake or cover with butter. Scoop the mixture in to about 3/4 full. 

Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160degrees C for about 30 minutes. When the sides start to pull away from the pan and when it is starting to brown it is very close to ready. Check with a tester to see when it is ready. Serve warm with butter and jam and syrup and cream...

Enjoy!

Yours in oil and veggies

Risch

No comments:

Post a Comment