Monday 16 February 2015

Plain Chicken Foldovers

I really love making my own things. Which is why I have started to make my own mayonnaise, cheese spread and jams. I also make my own pasta now!! And, keeping in the spirit, with this recipe I also made my own wraps!!

This is delicious and suits lunch or dinner, for a picnic, for school, for work... and you can modify it any way you want to. You can add lettuce, and tomato, and cheese... or peppers and feta... 

Ingredients

8 chicken pieces
4 whole cloves
2 bay leaves
1 star anise
10 +- black pepper corns
water
Wraps
1/2 cup tangy Mayo
pinch cayenne pepper
pinch freshly ground nutmeg
2tbs tomato sauce
Basil Pesto

Method

Place the chicken pieces, cloves, bay leaves, star anise and peppercorns in a pot. Add some water. About 2 cups. Cover and cook. Check regularly that it doesn't burn, but be careful not to add too much water or you will dilute the beautiful flavours. 

Cook until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the heat and drain any excess water. Hopefully you didn't have any!! Remove skins and bones. Finely "thread" the chicken meat with 2 forks. 

Add the cayenne pepper, nutmeg, mayo and tomato sauce and mix well. 

Spread the wraps with Basil Pesto. Sprinkle over some cheese. Scoop the chicken mixture onto the wraps and fold it: first the bottom up, then left over and then right over. 

And serve!!

Yours in oil and veggies

Risch

No comments:

Post a Comment